Established in 1875, the Baptist Church of Christ at Sardis has seen so many changes! The original building was located on the southeast corner of Hutcheson Ferry and Sardis Roads. A bigger and new church building was started in 1926. At the hands of Mr. Henry Peek and many volunteers, it was finished in 2 years. This is the very same building we worship in today. Records indicate the name of the church was condensed to Sardis Baptist Church in 1942.
*February 23, 1889 the church voted that each member would give a nickel each month for the year.
*January 25, 1889 Sister Samantha Thompson kept the church clean for $5.00 per year.
*April 1902 was the first month the church collected monthly contributions, collecting 85 cents total.